Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Same Sh!t, Different Year

My new year's resolution is to find out what the F I am going to do with my life. I'm starting to get quite pessimistic as each day goes on. For some reason (okay probably not for just some reason) I had major anxiety on New Years Eve. Perhaps it's because I know that time is going by and I'm not making any progress. What is the deal? Why can't I get motivated to do anything? I can't even be motivated to write in this blog. I meant to write on December 31st, nope. I meant to write on January 1st, nope. So here I am on January 6th, finally writing. Okay, snap out of it. This is about positivity and finding the great things in everyday life. So let's get to it. What are you thankful for:

Good lunch with friends
Internet is working
My room is organized
My food cabinet is organized
Happy Hour tomorrow
No more pests in the house
Cleaning person that comes
Lost scarf had been found
Good friends
Good coffee
Good workout
Pilates kicked my ass yesterday
Leftover pad thai for dinner tonight (yum)
Free Hockey tickets yesterday for the suite (which meant free beers and food!)

So, I really do have a lot to be thankful for, and I am so thankful...then why can't I just get myself in gear! I don't want to throw it away!! And it's so hard to talk to people about it, my mom's answer to everything is "You're beautiful" really? really, mom? How is that going to get me a job other than prostitution?!? Other people are just like, "oh well, take your time, enjoy your time off" When you know they are just thinking, "how pathetic."

I'm gonna go watch The Secret...

No comments: