Friday, October 23, 2009

Parting is such sweet sorrow

or not rather. Today is my last day at my job. Everyone that knows I'm leaving seems to think it's quite odd that I'm leaving without another job, but I'm so excited. I get the questions a lot "Are you nervous" and to tell you the truth, I'm only nervous when you ask that question! But I won't let society dictate my feelings. I will feel how I want to feel, and that is relief. I'm making a change, I have the guts to go after what I want, even if I don't exactly know what that is right now. I'm making a change that is how it starts. What is the worse that can happen? Oh no, I ask myself, What is the best that can happen? Because today is the Best Day Ever!

Things I'm thankful for today:
Metro was waiting for me when I got to the station...got me to work with limited delays and stops
Pot luck lunch at work today! Delicious food
Happy Hour after work
I get to "work" through November 2nd, giving me benefits through the end of the month, yay!
I like my outfit today - also very comfortable
Good make-up day too
I had a lovely video chat last night, up late, but it's such a great day that I'm not even too tired!
Nothing that a yummy soy latte didn't fix :)
so much more to be thankful for as well, so I'm thankful that I have so much to be thankful for!!!!

I need pictures in my blog...so here you go.
It's from National Geographic Photo of the day. I like it. Kinda represents how free I feel today.














http://photography.nationalgeographic.com/photography/photo-of-the-day

No comments: