Thursday, October 1, 2009

Absence Makes the Heart....

Grow stronger? Will I miss it here? Well, I will certainly miss overhearing conversations like this:

Colleague #1: My e-mail isn't working, the network must be down.
Colleague #2: Mine is working fine. Oh, look IT just sent out an email about the network being down, but it's only effecting people with the last name M-Z. Did you get that e-mail?
Colleague #1: No, I didn't, but that explains it, my last name begins with M.
Colleague #2: Oh here, I will forward it to you.
Colleague #1: Um, no, don't.....

Oh yes, I will surely miss those moments that break up my day so I can privately chuckle to myself. Only to later approach Colleague #1 and laugh about Colleague #2. hehe

Anyway, back to basics. Things I'm thankful for today:
My supportive friends and co-workers who are helping me out with networking and my resume
Podcasts - specifically "Stuff You Should Know"
The smell of Fall in the air
Delicious brown sugar to make my oatmeal tasty
My friend from Boston coming to visit
Washer/Dryer in my townhouse
Farmers Market that I stopped at yesterday
The cute puppy calendar I have on my desk, and I got to flip to two new cute ones today (one is even yawning! awe!)
Sushi for lunch

No comments: