Wednesday, July 20, 2011

PCT: Persons Constantly Traveling

So for all of you who aren't in the Peace Corps, or Peace Corps affiliated, PCT technically stands for Peace Corps Trainee, however, for those of you who have served as a Peace Corps Volunteer or PCV, you know that unofficially, PCT could stand for the above, Person CONSTANTLY Traveling.  Now, I might be exaggerating a bit, but..... I don't care.  The minute you get settled, BAM, they throw you into a whole new world.  NOT that I'm complaining.  As much as I loved Hellshire, where we were the first two weeks, I'm so far loving it at our Hub (another Peace Corps term for our sector specific training site)  We are in the middle of the country and it's just beautiful.  Everywhere there is another gorgeous plant, flower, fruit or tree and you have a view of the mountains from basically anywhere you are.

This picture does not do it justice.

Also, my new host family is just want I need right now.  I loved where I was placed in Hellshire, and I miss my family there, but it's nice to get a break from the kids for a bit.  I have a lot of homework to do now that we are split up into our sector groups, and here I'm able to get it done without interruption (however I'm sure I will be missing those cute little interruptions very soon).  But my host family here is an older couple, they could be my parents, in fact they do have a daughter my age that I'm looking forward to meeting next week.  Their house is very nice too, I have a nice big room, comfortable bed, internet (hence me blogging right now) and my own bathroom (yay!)  So apart from my packing and repacking and unpacking, I'm quite happy with the relocation.  I don't know how I will feel about that in another 5 weeks when we are on di road again, but for now, no worries.

My last snapshot of Hellshire Beach before leaving.


Thankful for Today:

Internet so I can communicate with all you
The view of course!
My caring friends and family - I got your post cards, love you!
The amazing people I've met here so far.
Video chatting :)
Pineapple
Mango
Dumplings
The cool weather

1 comment:

Tim! said...

hurray for video chatting, more video chatting!