Monday, November 9, 2009

Bummer...

So I'm starting to feel like a bum...okay I know, I know, I should rightly feel like a bum as this is my third week of not working. But since I made the conscious choice to stop working, I decide when I get to feel like a bum, and just because having no job might throw me in the instant bum category, I disagree and hence, now is when I decide I'm only starting to feel like one. I also tend to like convoluted sentences. So anyway, today was Monday, which I've decided will start this week of actually applying to jobs and working towards getting back an income, however small that may be.

Anyway, I started tutoring tonight. ESL to adults. It was interesting, I was nervous going in, but I'm very confident now and excited to continue each week. The hour goes by awfully fast, so its really no sacarfice on my part. I hope I can really help this woman learn English.

On to the point, things I'm thankful for today (and the past few days):
The Patriots
The Patriots win yesterday
Meeting Patriots fans at the bar
Spending very little money out this weekend
Goody's pizza
Cleaning lady came today, clean bathroom and kitchen
Roommate made brownies (I'm both thankful and resentful of this because now I just want to eat brownies all day)
The gym
Twilight - I'm rereading and loving every minute of it
New Moon comes out in 10 days
Delicious dinner and wine last night with a good friend
Good leftovers from dinner last night today. Thai, mmmmmmm

That's all for now! Here is a picture from National Geographic.comPerhaps I could draw the comparison that while I'm a bum, perhaps a beautiful flower bum laying on the pavement? No? Ok.

Oh yes, whats to come, things that I love to do. Help me to find my passion and hopefully capitalize on that passion :)

No comments: